Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fall is here?

It was coolish (57 or so) and rainy this morning. Nice fall weather. i think it's supposed to get back in to the upper 80's lower 90's this weekend though. Yuck.

I feel like I should be posting something profound here, but no profoundness is in me right now. Last night I didn't turn on the TV, which was nice. Clayton and i came home from a dinner at church (I know, what a horrible person I am for going to a dinner at church and trying to "buy" my salvation ... don't ask!) .. and gave him a bath and then we read books and played with cars, and then he went to bed, and then I read .. and read ... and read ... and read .. and finished my book, and then took a shower and went to bed. Slept pretty good too, because it was good sleeping weather, although I was rudely awoken by the wind blowing the bathroom door shut. And then by the rain. But man this is my kind of weather. ACtually yesterday was my kind of weather too. a few whispy white clouds in an otherwise impecable robin's egg blue sky and about 73 ... man it was beautiful. That is MY kind of day. The kind of day where refreshing breezes (as opposed to hot sticky breezes) come in through the window .. the kind of day where you can take clayton to the park and have him spend a zillion years on the swing (which my Mom did with him when she picked him up from school). The kind of day where everything seems perfect and right in the world, even if it isn't.

No comments: