Everybody's Working for the Weekend!!
Is this day finally almost over? Wow?! It is. Finally made it to 4pm. That means there’s only 30 minutes left (actually 28 … but who’s counting). It’s been one long boring day. I got a few things accomplished this morning, and put out a few fires this afternoon, and even enjoyed yummy nachos for lunch, but on the overall it’s been a l-o-n-g day. No big weekend plans. It’s supposed to be nice tomorrow. Like almost 60! Clayton is going with Rob to the Sports Show, I may scrapbook while he is with him and then when I pick him up we may go to the park, especially if it’s as nice as they say it’s going to be! Nothing else. Going to have to do some cleaning, and some laundry. . . and even though there is football .. wild card weekend .. it’s going to be a sad and depressing 7 months without the Chiefs. . . speaking of the Chiefs, they are apparently close to signing a deal with Herm Edwards as the next head coach. I guess ESPN had a deal on the most desirable positions open for head coaching positions in the NFL (and boy are there A LOT open), and Kansas City is the most desirable. That’s because we have a solid team, and everyone (save for maybe Will Sheids and Willie Roaf) should be back .. at least most of the starting offensive line .. and also lets not forget the man .. Larry Johnson. What a horse he is. 9 straight 100+ rushing yard games … that’s just incredible. I hope whenever his contract is up (next year I think) that we offer him the money he wants. He is just amazing. That one touchdown run he had in the came against the Bengals was truly fun to watch. Boy this post is full of a bunch of nothing ramblings … Oh, I bought a new pair of jeans the other day with some Christmas gift cards, and they are really cute – embroidery on the left leg .. but the best part about the jeans is what size they were. I normally wear a 14 .. but these jeans are a 12, and they fit and are maybe even a little roomy, and they look great! Exciting huh?! Anyhow I guess I will prepare to get the heck out of Dodge – and go pick up Clayton and then go to Target – and maybe out for pizza … happy weekend!
Oh, and by the way .. day 3 of coke-cut back … I have had about a bottle and ¼ (20oz bottles) .. would have been less, but darn it a cold coke goes so well with nachos … and since I couldn’t have a big ‘ol margarita with them (which goes better!), I settled on the coke. Yesterday I didn’t have any coke once I got home from work. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can……
2 comments:
Giving up coke: hmmmmm, advice... switch to diet! Seriously.... no calories, no sugar.... find a diet pop that you like, doesn't have to be coke. Regular soda has SO MANY calories... I used to drink... are you ready for this.... a 2 liter A DAY.... LOTS and LOTS of calories. I gave it up after I had Justin. Just stopped and drank diet instead. Now I am down to like 1-2 cans a day ( unless we go out to eat or something ) and I drink 1% milk to substitute... and low and behold I have lost 95 pounds over the last year.... not just because of the lack of regular pepsi.... but because of that and portion control. You can do it! Caffeine is hard to cut cold turkey. But YOU can do it!
Good luck with the coke withdrawal! You can totally do it! I did it from Dr. Pepper my Freshman year in college (mostly because I was poor and didn't want to keep buying it! HA!)
Post a Comment