Some Friday fun
I thought that Friday merited something fun. Music is so cool. I have wide and varied musical tastes (although looking at this list you'd never know it), but I was thinking if I had to pick only 10 albums to listen to for the rest of forever, these would probably be it.
Top 10 favorite albums – in no particular order
1. Abbey Road – The Beatles – What can I say, I love the Beatles. LOVE the Beatles. This is such a great album for so many reasons. It includes The Golden Slumbers medley which is probably my favorite Beatles song of all time.
2. The Joshua Tree – U2 – It’s just a great album that has truly stood the test of time.
3. Slippery When Wet – Bon Jovi – The first tape (yes I said tape) I remember buying with my own money. I’ve been in love with Jon Bon Jovi since I can remember, and this album always takes me back to good times
4. Hotel California – The Eagles – Another band that I absolutely love. I have vivid memories of sitting in my parents Pinto Station Wagon listening to this album on Eight-track. Yes, I’m that old.
5. Sgt. Pepper – The Beatles -- I know, it’s it right to have two albums by the same artist on a top-ten list? I don’t know, but I could listen to this album over and over again. One of our radio stations was playing their top 100 albums and they would play the whole album, and I was driving somewhere when this album came up and I got to listen to it all. Good times.
6. Crosby Stills & Nash – Crosby Stills & Nash – includes another one of my favorite songs of all times, Suite Judy Blue Eyes. Plus other classics like Carry On, and Helplessly Hoping. Ah, yes, I was born way after my time musically. Comes from having hippie parents I think.
7. Yourself or Someone Like You – Matchbox 20 – I can listen to this CD over, and over and over again. Absolutely love it. Worn out a few copies of it, one got broken in half, one got scratched up. Great album.
8. 5150 – Van Halen – first album with Sammy Hagar. Includes Love Walks in, Why Can’t this be Love, and Dreams .. all amazing songs.
9. American Fool – John Cougar (at that time) – brings me back to good times in my life. My mom and I moved to Missouri the year this album came out. We had it on vinyl. Yet again, yes I’m old.
10. Bob Seger’s Greatest Hits – Bob Seger – Is it fair to have a greatest hits on a top-ten list? I don’t know, but I’m a big Seger fan, and this includes all the greats. Good memories surrounding this album too.
So there you have it. Actually this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Defining this list. I think a lot of what puts these particular albums on a top-ten list is the memories that they envoke, not to mention they are all filled with good songs and great music. I’d be interested in other people’s top-ten lists.
2 comments:
Ok, so I'm a huge Beatles fan and Abbey Road was the album that got me hooked (at the ripe old age of 12! Ha!) And Sgt. Pepper was the first Beatles CD my parents bought me for my own! I also love The Eagles, and grew up listening to CSN(&Y). My dad's favorite group. What a fun list. I may have to do this on my blog!!
Now THIS is my kind of list. What a fun walk down memory lane you must have taken as you contemplated the top 10. That Abbey Road album definitely makes my list!
Post a Comment