Tuesday, March 07, 2006

R.I.P Kirby!

I was very saddened to hear the news that Kirby Puckett had died yesterday. I saw the news story about him having a stroke, and then when I woke up today and turned on the news I heard he'd died. I'm very sad. I grew up an Orioles fan. Living in Baltimore until I was 8 and going to Orioles games at the old Memorial Stadium. Then I moved to Kansas City, and went to Royals games here and there but never was a fan. And then, in 1991, the Twins and the Braves were in the World Series, and a good friend of mine (who I would later date) and I made a bet on the outcome. I took the Twins. And ever since then I was a big Twins and Kirby fan. I had the opportunity to see him play several times, against the Royals, and just think he was a classy man, and a true hero of the game. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute, I have also been a long-time fan of Kirby's.