Life's been good to me -- so far
I've been and Eagles fan for as long as I can remember. I have distinct memories of listening to Hotel California, on 8-track in my parents pinto station wagon. I was 6 or 7. I've also been a fan of members of the band as solo artists, especially Joe Walsh, with the exception of the "evil" song, Life's Been Good. I never did care for the song. Not really sure why, but I don't like it. I had a friend, Matt, who did like the song. A lot. When we worked together he'd play it over my cube wall to annoy me. After we quit working together, I'd walk in to my office -- red voice mail light on -- and there it was -- ... life's been good to me ... sometimes a little of the song, sometimes a lot, but there it was -- taunting me for all eternity. Some days, Matt would walk into his office to find the same thing waiting for him.
Matt moved a few years ago, so no Joe waiting for me recently. However, I was sitting in traffic last night, frustrated. Nothing I hate more than sitting in traffic. I've been known to drive out of my way so I can avoid sitting in traffic. . . so I'm sitting in traffic, and what should come on? My old buddy Joe. I almost picked up my cell phone to call Matt -- even though he's over 1,000 miles away.
I think for the rest of forever, whenever I hear that song I'll think of Matt . . . and for that, maybe it's not such a bad song after all.
2 comments:
I
HATE
TRAFFIC
TOO!!!!!
i think hotel california is the only eagles song i can think of that i actually know.
Post a Comment