Thursday, August 24, 2006

School’s out forever …

I realize it’s back to school time, so many kids it’s not out forever .. but for the kids of Beverly Hills 90210 it is out forever. This was one of my favorite shows ever … yeah, it’s kind of stupid. But it paved the way for teen dramas – it was around before the OC. Before Dawson’s Creek. Before Buffy. Before – well just about all the rest of them too. I watch this show in re-runs whenever I can. I loved when it was on FX and on every Saturday and Sunday morning. It’s on Soapnet now, which I get. But it’s on at a bad time. Every afternoon at 4 and 5 and then on Saturday mornings. And the ones that are on Saturday mornings are the late/post college years – I didn’t like it as much then, but I still watched it. Anyhow, the whole point of this post is that the first season – when it was still really, really good – is coming to DVD. It has an official release date of November 7th. I’m seriously considering pre-ordering it so I can have it and then watch it all as soon as I get it. If I don’t pre-order it, I’m sure I’ll be at the store that day to get it – one way or the other … and then it just begs to wonder how quickly the rest of the seasons will come out – One down – nine to go! You have absolutely no idea how excited this makes me. Woo Hoo!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Miley's and since she's on another hiatus I'm checking out all her friends' blogs!
I was just going to warn you about that pre-order thing. I pre-ordered West Wing because it was going to come out ON my birthday, and I just knew it was EXACTLY what my hubby wanted to get me. Well, the short end of the story is that I would have had it about a month sooner if I had just gone and picked the durn thing up at Sam's (would have saved a few bucks, too). But anyway, if you're planning on a Nov 7 viewing party, your best bet might really be to allow for some Nov 7 shopping.
So anyway, nice to meet you and enjoy the show!

Anonymous said...

Alice Cooper