I see the girls go by dressed in their summer clothes
It's going to be close to 65° today. That will surely bring out the people in their summer/spring apparel. It will get people start thinking about spring and summer. To some people, that might signify the beginning of baseball season ... and while I grew up a baseball fan, I'm now much more of a football or college basketball fan .. and with football season over, and college basketball season approaching over my interest in sports is pretty much over until fall.
Summer to me means other things. Summer to me means outdoor concerts. Granted, I'm not much into the summer concerts anymore. But back in the day, I probably went to at least 4 or 5 concerts a summer at Sandstone. Yes, I realize it's now Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, but to me it will always be Sandstone. Just like Einstein Brothers will always be Bagel and Bagel. Old habits and all that. Anyhow, I digress. Summer concerts. I was listening to my ipod last night, when what song should come on but Ride The Wind ... by Poison. Took me back, not so long, to last summer. Last summer was miserable hot most of the summer ... but the temperatures cooled off and that particular evening it was probably 75 and no humidity. Perfect for an outdoor concert -- light summer breeze - rockin' music -- taking me back to my more youthful days. Yup ... outdoor concerts at Sandstone are to me, the epitome of summertime, and just for today, I can think about that. I hear it's supposed to be back in the 30's next week, so I need to enjoy today!
1 comment:
65 degrees!? we're getting a snowstorm here!
Post a Comment