Friday, June 01, 2007

It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play

Actually, it was 40 years ago today since the release of Sgt. Pepper, in my opionion one of the best Beatles Albums ever -- up there with Revolver and Abby Road. I'd say that makes me feel old, but it can't since I wasn't alive when it was released. . . but i have enjoyed it a lot over the years and still do enjoy it.

But what DID make me feel old was watching teen and early twenty somethings sing "oldies" songs in a review at Worlds of Fun Monday evening ... obviously the songs from the 50's and 60's they weren't alive for, or even the 70's songs. But I dare say that every single one of them was too young to have heard ANY of the songs or remember them when they came out. Even the songs from the 80's, and THAT my friends. makes me feel old.

happy weekend everyone!

No comments: