Monday, August 20, 2007

You do what you do and you pay for your sins and there's no such thing as what might have been.

The weekend of my first date with my ex-husband, I was supposed to go out of town to visit a friend. A guy friend. A guy whom I liked. A lot. A guy that liked me. A lot. A guy with whom I'd never had an "offical" relationship with, but we did share many intimate moments over the years. A guy with whom I spent what was one of the best (if not the best) weekends of my life. But because I was working two jobs at the time, and because I'd gotten scheduled to work at job #2 despite having asked for it off, I was unable to make the trip, and I ended up going out with my ex-husband. I wonder if I had gone on that trip, what would have happened? I know i'd never have gone out with my ex, and potentially great things would have happened with the other guy -- that would have been the turning point in our relationship (and how ironic is it that they both have the same name?), the one thing I do know for sure is that if I 'd gone, I wouldn't have my amazingly awesome son ... this is why it's never a good thing to play what if's ...

eta -- i decided this morning to write "the other guy" an e-mail ... i figured what the heck. you know, just a how are you, what have you been up to kind of thing ... and lo and behold, I received the following back from him ... "It is great to hear from you. I was just thinking about you the other day" general what's been up stuff " Anyway, great to hear from you. And I hope to talk to you again soon" interesting!

No comments: