It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
For just about every summer of my teenage life, up until a few summers ago, there was one constant. Concerts at Sandstone ... I mean Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. And now, it's on the verge of being no more. And that makes me sad. I imagine the amount of money I've spent on concerts at Sandstone is in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I hope it's just a rumor, but it really does sadden me, and makes me think back fondly on the dozens of concerts that I've seen there throughout the years -- Cheap Trick, REO, Kansas, Richard Marx, Phil Collins, The Eagles, Poison, John Mellencamp, Sammy Hagar, Aerosmith, the very first Lalapalloza featuring (among other acts) Janes Addiction, multiple Red White and Booms featuring such artists as Bon Jovi, Ricky Martin, Lionel Richie and many others I can't remember (due in part to the fact that i can't remember anything these days, and also the beer consumed at said concerts), Melissa Etheridge, KISS in full makeup (and who, by the way put on a show that is everything that a rock concert should be, loud, explosions, despite the fact that I've never been a fan, I really enjoyed the show), Goo Goo Dolls, Meatloaf and there are more I'm not remembering right now, and that's why the rumors of it's demise are leaving me a little melancholy.
No comments:
Post a Comment