Friday, October 26, 2007

I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far

Ang wrote about a music memory the other day ... and I had one on Wednesday, and thought I would share. Way long time ago, I worked with my friend Matt. We sat in cubes that were next to each other. One of the things he would do to bug me would be to play Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good", he knew that i hated the song, so he did it to bug me. i don't know why i hate the song, but i always have. Anyhow, I quit that job, and moved on, but Matt and i remained friends, and still talked, usually on a daily basis. One morning I came into work, and my voicemail light was on ... so I start to listen, and here the opening strains of "Life's Been good" ... so starting then, and going for many, many years, whenever I was in the car and that song came on, I'd call and leave a snippet of it on his voicemail, and he did the same. Matt moved across the country several years ago, consequently it's been that long since I've walked into my office and had Joe Walsh singing to me, but now everytime I hear that song I think of Matt, and maybe, just maybe, because of that, it's not the bad song I once thought it was

No comments: