Cold!
It’s cold today. I think the high is going to be 67°. Which is actually nice. I had my window opened just a crack last night, and really got to snuggle down under the covers. It was great. Although it was SO hard to get out of bed this morning. It’s supposed to warm back up a little. 81° on Sunday. Which is GREAT football weather. I don’t think I’m going to the game though. Not unless I happen to win tickets or come across them some other way. You never know though.
Survivor and Reunion are on tonight. Yeah. I really am liking Reunion, so that’s a good thing.
October is Employee Ownership month. The company I work for is 100% employee-owned. We just got a memo about “fun” activities for the month including a bbq (which we have every October since that’s when are sales reps are all in town for the annual sales meeting), an ice cream social, a chili-cook off and a few other things. Hey, free food is always a good thing. They really are always doing little things like that for us. Which is cool. Plus the past two years we’ve gotten a substantial bonus at the end of the year. Not sure to be expecting it this year, even though this year we are STILL having a killer year … the past two years have been the best profit wise in the 50+ history of the company, and this year we’re doing well too. So you never know. Personally I’d rather have the bonus than all the free food … I could find more constructive ways to use it. I'm sure a lot of other people feel that way too.
Speaking of money. No one won powerball last night, I think it's up to around $168 million ... I love to dream about what I would do with that kind of money. Put some up for Clayton's education ... pay off my parent's mortgage, build a house, but a new car -- nothing fancy, seriously. i just want something big enough for me, Clayton, and all his crap. Actually I'd by a few different cars. I seriously want a mini-cooper. Not exactly your traditional family car, so that'd be my "fun" car. And then something sensible for Clay and me. Pay off all my bills. Quit my job. Open my own business. See I would be bored if I wasn't doing something ... so my two business of chioce are a childrens bookstore or a scrapbook store. And that's what I would do with $168 million. What about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment