Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Another short work week. It’s jury duty week, so that means no work Friday, since even though I’m an alternate, I’ve been asked to go this week. It really is grueling work. We heard over 60 cases the last time I went, and didn’t get much more than one 10-minute break and a few short potty breaks all day. We even heard evidence during lunch (which was a nice BBQ box lunch including a sandwich, beans, chips and a brownie). They do treat us well, paying our parking, keeping us in coffee, and soda throughout the day, as well as a HUGE box of donuts and then lunch. And I’m not really supposed to be talking about it .. I’m not even supposed to have told my employer exactly why I might be missing every other Friday until the beginning of March … I got a letter from the prosecutor’s office stating that I had jury duty, but didn’t go into any further detail. So I guess, really, that’s all I should say about that. Although I did see an article in the paper this morning about a guy we sent to trial for beating a puppy to death. He was mad at his girlfriend, girlfriend wasn’t home so he beat her golden retriever puppy to death. He got 4 years in prision.

My co-worker’s second grandbaby (in 3 months no less) made his appearance yesterday. Taylor Lawrence was 9lb.s 1 oz, and 20 inches long. She now has one granddaughter (born in June), and a grandson.

Clayton is so funny. He got two toy catalogs in the mail yesterday, and I told him he needed to start making his list for Santa. He was flipping through the pages saying “this too” .. over and over. He’s a good kid. Funny. He won’t be getting everything he said “this too” to, but hey, he’ll find that out soon enough.

Here is the picture I was going to post yesterday. He and his sorcerers hat. Isn’t he cute?

No comments: