Another year has come to an end
Can you believe it? Can you believe how quickly this year flew by? Man time does fly faster and faster the older you get. This year didn’t see too many changes. I wanted more for my 2005. I wanted more personally and more professionally. I wanted to become more organized and less scatterbrained, so that is my plan for 2006. I will stick to it if it kills me. Also in 2006 I want better, stronger relationships with everyone in my life. I want things to get easier, but know that only I can make them that way, and in order for that to happen, I’m going to have to implement a lot of changes. Some good, some bad (depending on who you are!), but changes to come in 2006. I think that will be my word of 2006. Change. I will not argue with Rob as much as I have this past year. Every week it is something. We’re divorced. These arguments are not supposed to be happening. But I play into it and that will NOT happen in 2006, and if it does, I will not complain about it, because I know that will have been MY fault that the arguments have taken place.
Also, in 2006 I’m going to try to save more money. I am currently trying to pay off some major debt I was left with in the divorce, including several judgments against me (us .. but things were totally in MY name). I will be rid of one of those after February, but I have picked one up one that is $50 more a month than the one I will be getting rid of. I am going to sit down, and come up with a budget (once I figure out how much my pay checks will be … insurance went up a little, I put a little less in my flex spending account, and I have to take into account my $.25/hr raise). Once I get my first pay-check of the year I’ll know exactly what I have coming in – I already know what I have going out. And I’m going to save it kills me. Save towards what? A better future for Clayton and me. We can’t live at my parent’s house forever. As nice as the added support and help is, I just don’t want to be there forever. But right now financially it’s not possible. I don’t even know if I would be able to get an apartment (I KNOW I can’t get a house) … since we technically broke two leases (don’t get me started on this one). And left one of the apartments in such disarray it wasn’t even funny (I was pregnant when we moved so I wasn’t able to do a whole lot, and didn’t even get to make the last trip back to turn in the keys).
So these, my loyal readers, are my resolutions. For whatever they are worth. And with that, I will wish you all a happy, safe and healthy New Year, and I’ll be back in 2006!
1 comment:
Great resolutions! I actually hate making resolutions. They depress me because I know I won't keep them! That's probably the wrong attitude to have, isn't it? I should work on that! :)
Post a Comment