Baby it's cold outside
It was COLD outside this morning. I think it was 10 when I left. Yuck. On the upside, it should be about 50 on Christmas!! As much as I think that the only time snow is OK is on Christmas, I’m glad it will be so warm. . . It should be a good week. Although not a short one, that is reserved for NEXT week. We have Monday and Tuesday off for the holiday, since Christmas falls on the weekend. That will be nice. We’re having our department Christmas party on Wednesday. Our boss makes killer chicken soup and he will make a double batch of that, I’m bringing crusty French bread .. not sure what anyone else is bringing (nor do I care, since soup and bread are always a good combination!). We have our little gift exchange. I pulled the one person I wasn’t really sure what to get, but he is a BIG movie goer so I just got him a gift certificate to the theater. I feel kind of like I’ve wimped out by getting a gift certificate, but it was the easiest and I know it’s something he’ll use and enjoy, so that is good. I wonder who has me … I wonder what I’ll get. My mom is taking Clayton to do his Christmas shopping sometime this week. I found a necklace that I really liked in one of the ads yesterday, and pointed it out to her that I wouldn’t mind having it if Clayton needed ideas. I mean it’s not any kind of real stone or anything, but it’s pretty.
I finally got Rachael Ray’s newest cookbook … well got it from the library, it was on hold. Looks like there’s some pretty good things in there – I must talk about or watch her too much because while watching her yesterday Clayton said Rachel Ray…it was cute.
Have a huge stack of crap on my desk, so I best get back at it!
2 comments:
I don't know much about Rachel Ray but I did happen upon some documentary type show about her wedding. She is personality plus, huh? What a cute woman!
I'm so bummed about the no snow on Christmas thing. I really wanted it to snow.
Post a Comment