Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The day after

Valentine’s day has come and gone, and I’m no worse for the wear. That’s a good thing. I’ve never been really fond of Valentine’s Day (as I stated in yesterday’s post), I’ve had a few good ones sprinkled in here and there. One of my fondest involved the guy I was seeing at the time who was such a sweetheart. We flirted for months – OK half a semester before we finally started dating at a surprise birthday party one of my friends threw for me. Anyhow, that day I was so sick, and my roommate and I had to go talk to campus safety about an incident involving our next-door neighbor. It was a Friday, and we went after speech class, which we both had together (yes intentionally). She was headed home for the weekend, as was my boyfriend as he did most weekends to help out on his parents farm. But we got back to our room after talking to campus safety and on our little write on wipe-off board was a note from my BF that said he was down the hall in one of our friends’ rooms, so I went down there and he had this awesome plant with beautiful pink blooms, which I promptly killed, and a cute teddy bear. Yup. He’d done well and to this day it’s obviously one of my fondest Valentine memories.

Contrast that to yesterday’s Valentine’s day. I went to work, I left work to go pick up Clayton and then get the lenses in my glasses fixed, argued with Lens Crafters (and subsequently got ½ of the price I paid for said lenses back), then went home, watched a little Gilmore Girls, put Clayton to bed, went through my closet and got rid of 2 bags of clothes/shoes, took a shower, and went to bed. Man I really know how to celebrate huh?!

And so the week goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

settle down there crazy girl!
you party animal!
i think you went a little over the top with the shower.
honestly.
hahaha!
have i told you i like your banner?
cause i do!

Anonymous said...

my valentines days are always the same way. sometimes good, but most of the time not real great at all!