Monday, February 20, 2006

Holiday, but not for me

Well, here it is another holiday that I am sitting at work. Actually I’m sitting at work pretty miserable. I’m not having a good day, after not having had a good weekend. Not good by any stretch of imagination. Just dealt with all kinds of crap. I guess Clayton and I are officially apartment shopping. One scenario has me and Clayton getting an apartment with Stephen (my youngest brother who turned 20 in January). That might make the most financial sense, as my finances are a mess. And not getting any better and as much as I want to get a place of our own, without some financial assistance from my new best friend in Lincoln, NE (the single winner of the power ball 365 million ticket, whomever they may be!), or my non-existant fairy godmother, I’m going to have to have some kind of a roommate. I’m just seriously stressing about a lot right now including what kind of failure I am for having to get an apartment with my brother. Does it indeed make me a failure? I sure feel like it does. Another potentially (although far-fetched) scenario also involves my brother, but involves the best house ever. It’s a cute little mouse house. Perfect for me and Clay by ourselves eventually (but with an upstairs bedroom and office for bro). The house is cute, cute, cute and in a great location. The people that currently live in it are the people that my Mom babysits for. They are moving to Michigan in June. It’s not on the market yet, but obviously they are moving, so it would be so awesome. Don’t know how that scenario would work out. But it’s something to think about. Ugh. I don’t want to think anymore though. I want to forget about the lousy day I’m having and go have a margarita at lunch, but in the absence of that, I’ll have to make due with an ice-cold coke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOrry you're having a lousy day! If it makes you feel any better, I'm at work on the holiday too!