Just not a good day.
It’s Friday. It’s pay day. I’m having dinner with good friends. Today should be a good day, right? Yeah, not so much. The weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse on Sunday, we’re supposed to get snow Sunday/Monday/maybe even THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING TUESDAY … I hate snow. I’ve got to get rid of a car. Pretty quickly. Rob and I bought a car --- well I had to borrow money from my 401K to get this car – I never did get the title for it. It’s been sitting in my parents driveway for the past 2 years. As we all know, they are moving, well we all are, but they are also getting their house painted. I need to get this car out of the driveway before the start painting. I want to just take the car to a junk yard and be done with it. However, my dad has other ideas. He thinks I need to get the title to it (which would require paying the $730 in back personal property tax PLUS the $447 in INTEREST to be able to get a title). OK. Lets do the math. That’s about $1177. I don’t have that. My Dad said he’d loan me the money, HOWEVER, I don’t think I can get out of the car what will be put into it. So, this kind of sucks. I called a guy who said he buys unwanted cars, but he said without a title the most he could give me was $40. But you know what? I’d be THRILLED with that, just to get the freaking car out of the driveway and gone. But my Dad won’t allow me to do that, for some reason. Yes, my back personal property tax needs to get paid, however, I just want to get rid of this stupid car.
1 comment:
im so excited for the first day of spring! fingers crossed it stays nice out!
Post a Comment