Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The one to beat



I'll admit I'm a reality TV Junkie. I love Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, really got into this last edition of Beauty and the Geek ...but I've not ever been a big American Idol fan outside the first few weeks of the show where the show the horrible auditions. But I've been watching this season and can I just say that I'm in love with Chris. He freakin' rocks! I don't know that he'll win. People will say he's too "one dimensional" that he only can sing rock. Well here is a question for you. Aren't most artists one dimensional? Or at least mainly focus on one genre of music? I mean do you see Aerosmith trying to do show tunes? Or Josh Grobin rockin' out covering the Stones? Seriously people. That's why there are different genres of music. Something for everyone. But that doesn't mean that everone has to able to sing all different types of music. I, for one, would never expect to hear Ozzy Osborne to sing Country, or Clay Akin to sing a little Rob Zombie. This is a personal pet peeve of mine with critics of certain artists on American Idol. Yes, they have "theme" nights and that proves that some people are bad at certain types of music, but so what?! Back to your regularly scheduled blogging. Kirsten out.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

I'm right there with you. If Chris doesn't win...I'll eat my little pinkie toe.

(It's pretty much useless anyway.)

darcy said...

Preach on!!! Good point!