I’ve Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Rain
Lots of rain. All day yesterday. All day today. Yuckky, cold fall rain. Actually driving around yesterday morning, I thought, man this is my kind of weather … by yesterday afternoon it had gotten old. I think the Chiefs miserable loss had something to do with it. Man that was a horrible loss. And really, that’s all I want to talk about it.
It’s still raining today. But tomorrow, it’s supposed to be 78° -- then back in the 50’s and 60’s again the rest of the week.
Saturday was beautiful. Gorgeous fall weather. Sunny. Barely a cloud in the sky. Just a perfect fall day. To top it off, one of the local communities had their Pumpkin Festival. We went to it. Clayton had a blast. Got kettle corn, rode a pony. And the best part of the day, at least for him, was the open house at the fire station. The kid is obsessed with fire trucks. He loves them. So we were at the fire station for 2 hours. He got to go on several trucks, and ambulances (ambuli?) Got to see demonstrations. Got to eat cookies. Got to see where the fire fighters sleep – which he thought was way cool. And he was so excited because one of the firemen had HIS beadspread (it’s got firetrucks, and other emergency equipment). HE was in hog heaven. I will have pictures to post either sometime today or tomorrow (waiting for them to be e-mailed to me). But that was our weekend. A really good one. I’m sad that it’s over.
No comments:
Post a Comment