Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Music is a world within itself

The game, for those of you who haven't seen it before, works like this. I load up my entire media library into my mp3 player of choice, put it on random, then write down a lyric from the first twenty songs that it plays (not counting instrumentals, multiple songs by the same artist, and so on). Your task is then to tell me the song title and artist for each lyric. No googing allowed.

I'll post the answers tomorrow, or when someone bugs me about it. If you want to play, post your answers in the comments

  1. “Do you listen to yourself, never live for someone else”
  2. “Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods?”
  3. “well I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed”
  4. “She came from Providence, the one in Rhode Island”
  5. “He spent his whole life being too young”
  6. “Pappa drove a truck nearly all his life”
  7. “One look in your eyes, and there I see, just what you mean to me”
  8. “she said I don’t know if I’ve ever been good enough”
  9. “World turns black and white, pictures in an empty room”
  10. “there are places I remember, all my life, though some have changed”
  11. “A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile”
  12. “Golden country –you face is so red”
  13. “Well she was an American girl”
  14. “All that time I was searching, nowhere to run to”
  15. “Those crazy nights, I do remember in my youth”
  16. “He was a boy, she was a girl – can I make it any more obvious”
  17. “There’s a hole in the wall and the light shines in”
  18. “All the girls stomp your feet like this”
  19. “Ten years living in a paper bag”
  20. “Go on and close your eyes, go on imagine me there”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only know one of them... how sad is that....

Number 16 is Avril Levigne.. sk8tr boy

Kirsten said...

Answers ....
1. “Do you listen to yourself, never live for someone else” -- Bullet Proof – Goo Goo Dolls (hometown guys for you!)
2. “Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods?” – Holding out for a hero – Bonnie Tyler
3. “well I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed” – Eat the Rich - Aerosmith
4. “She came from Providence, the one in Rhode Island” – The Last Resort – The Eagles
5. “He spent his whole life being too young” Be Like That – 3 doors down
6. “Pappa drove a truck nearly all his life” Papa Loved Mama – Garth Brooks
7. “One look in your eyes, and there I see, just what you mean to me” – Here and Now – Luther Vandros
8. “she said I don’t know if I’ve ever been good enough” – push – matchbox twenty
9. “World turns black and white, pictures in an empty room” – Dreams – van Halen
10. “there are places I remember, all my life, though some have changed” In my life - Beatles
11. “A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile” – American pie – Don McClein
12. “Golden country –you face is so red” – Golden Country – REO Speedwagon
13. “Well she was an American girl” – American Girl – Tom Petty
14. “All that time I was searching, nowhere to run to” – In Too Deep - genesis
15. “Those crazy nights, I do remember in my youth” – Stone in Love - Journey
16. “He was a boy, she was a girl – can I make it any more obvious” – sa8ter boi – avril levine
17. “There’s a hole in the wall and the light shines in” Fight Fire With Fire - Kansas
18. “All the girls stomp your feet like this” Hollarback Girl – No Doubt
19. “Ten years living in a paper bag” A Change would do you good – Sheryl Crow
20. “Go on and close your eyes, go on imagine me there” Similar Features – Melissa Etheridge