Your prison is walking through this world all alone
Boy, there's nothing like going to a spouces invited Christmas party to make you feel totally alone. Originally i wasn't going to go. I told people that it was because I didn't have anyone to watch Clayton, which wasn't true. I just hadn't asked anyone. And I even RSVP's no. But then yesterday morning I decided that I would go. I asked my brother if he would watch Clayton for a few hours, and he said no problem. I figured that since it was a buffet and that there was sure to be at least one person not show up that said they'd be there that I would be OK, and it was OK. . . and everyone in my department was happy to see me, which made me happy. And feel loved. So that was good. However, I was sitting at a table of couples. Well the whole room was couples. Even people who aren't married were there with people. Well, there was two other people that I saw that were there solo. One woman. . Anyhow, I suppose I am glad that I went. Good to make an appearance. The food was good. Free beer, which I partook of --- if you read the last post you'll know that -- but just made me feel so -- alone.
1 comment:
i hate being the only single person when there are a bunch of couples around!
Post a Comment