Monday, January 15, 2007

I'll do this and I'll do that

Man, what a long, cold weekend. Seriously. Sleeted most of the weekend. Went shopping Saturday with my mom. She bought me a new winter jacket for my birthday, which isn't for another 9 days, but it's going to be cold this week, and she thought I would need it so she invited me to go shopping with her. Which turned out to be shopping with her and my brother (and of course Clayton). We had fun. After we got my jacket, she had a message on her phone that her new glasses were ready to be picked up so we headed to the mall to do that, and eat. Well of course on the way there we get a flat tire. We're on the shoulder of the highway. It's sleeting. She has no jack, but does have AAA, so we call them. They say 45 minutes, but when all was said and done, from the time the call was placed, until we were safe and sound at the mall it was only 30 minutes. The flat tire occurred about 4 minutes away from the mall. So that wasn't too bad. Didn't do a whole lot Saturday night. Watched Must Love Dogs. It was pretty cute.

Sunday went to church and then to brunch at Tom fooleries for my brother Stephen's birthday. That was good. Their brunch is so yummy. Watched a little bit of football. I sure do feel bad for Marty. One of the winningest regular season coaches, just can't do squat in the play-offs. And boy as Chiefs fans we sure do feel the pain of the Chargers fans. How many times under Marty did we have a great season, make it to the play offs -- even the AFC Championship game one year, and falied to make the playoffs. I wonder if he will be fired.

Anyhow this post is all over the place. I'm trying to stay warm. It's SO cold outside. I think the high is like 19 or something crazy like that. The low tonight is -3 I believe. I hate the cold. Hopefully it's warmer wherever you are. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm i love brunch foods!