Oh but it's all right, with me now - I'll get back up somehow - And with a little luck, I'm bound to win - And I'll fall in love again
Someone asked me the other day if I was dating anyone. A rather personal question coming from a co-worker whom I’m not particularly close to. The answer was no. My divorce has been final for over 2 years and I have not been on one date. That seems weird, doesn’t it? But the truth of the matter is, I don’t have any interest in “dating”. I want to be with someone. Kind of. But I don’t want to have to go through the whole “dating” thing. I want to find someone who is perfect and fall in love, and not have to deal with any of the awkward “dating” stuff. I’ve been lucky. Most of the people I’ve been in long-term relationships with, I’ve been friends with first, which is a big help, so there never was any of those awkward “dating” moments. That doesn’t mean I haven’t had my share of horrible dates, but maybe just not as many as I could have. I have been on enough to know I don’t want to have to go through that to find my prince charming. And it’s not the heartbreak I’m afraid of. I’ve had my heart broken. Three times. By two different people. And I ironically the one who broke it the first time was the one who was there for me to pick up the pieces the second time it was broken. Neither of the two that broke it were my ex-husband. With him it was disappointment, and the loss of trust. Which to me are worse than heartbreak. Heartbreak goes away ... the other issues are much harder to deal with and leaave more long-term scars.. I don’t’ know. I’m just tired of being lonely.
No comments:
Post a Comment