Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What a drag it is getting old

I'm getting old. Well older. Things happen on almost a daily basis that remind me of that. Talking with someone about being 16 and being able to drive, and realized that in order to be able to drive right now, you would have had to been born in 1991. Which is the year I graduated from High School. Sixteen years ago (well in about a month it will be sixteen years). How is that possible?

Also, I was talking with a friend, and realized that we had met 15 years ago this month. Again, how is that possible?

College, which to me seems like it was just yesterday? Nope. I graduated from College in 1995. How long ago is that? Twelve years. I don't know how this has happened.

Clayton, my little baby ... will be FOUR in a few months. Time marches on ... in my mind I am 26, even though in reality I am 34. Why 26? I don't know. Except 26 was a fun time in my life. I lived in a great apartment, was dating a great guy, and had so much fun. Despite the fact that I was working two-jobs, neither of which I was crazy about (one of which is my current job), I just went out and had fun. Had the aforementioned boyfriend, but also a great best friend, a guy, whom with I went out all the time and we just had fun. I didn't have the insane amounts of debt that i have now ... iI was just able to go out and fun, and enjoy being young.

Yup, I think the Stones said it right when they said it was a drag getting old

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate your thoughts on the fruit salad. :) Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Well let me make you feel a little better. Ahem.

This May, marks 21 years since I graduated high school.

21 years.
Kids that were just born are now legally able to drink.
I am going to be a grandma for the 2nd time this summer.

I am old, you? You have a ways to go!

You're welcome! LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.gosh. I am so hearin' ya! I don't feel old, by any means, but when we start talking about this or that...and it happened 15 years ago, I go EEEEK!

--Ang, asmalltowngirl.com