Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Moving ahead, so life won't pass me by

Wow. I haven't blogged in forever. It's partially that i have nothing exciting to blog about, and partially that I'm just lazy. So here, for those of you who have requested it, is an update.

I'm moved in to my new house. Of course I'm far from being settled in the hosue. Becuase I wanted to do a few updates to the kitchen before I got totally in, it didn't quite happen however. The new cabinets are in, it's mostly painted a really cool almost granny smith apple green, but then the floor didn't match the green, so new tiles were needed -- and they're not quite in yet. My dad and my brotehrs were working on it while I was out of town last week, and they got the old floor up, and most of the glue off, but tonight is hopeuflly the night and I'll have my floor in and then can put the applicanes where they belong. If not tonight, then by Thursday (since tomorrow night is shot due to previous engagemnts). Once that happens, then I feel that I'll be able to get everything else more in place and I'll be a lot happier.

Went out of town last week to Minneapolis, where I'd never been. I was there for a copywriting seminar .. didn't get to go out and do much, but I did make it to the Mall of America which is pretty impressive.

The shooting at the Target here on Sunday hit a little close to home. It's about 5 minutes away from Clayton's pre-school, and i've been in that Target a million times ... and my mom goes it it frequently after she picks him up. Scary stuff.

OK. There's an update in a nutshell ... nothing exciting, but at least it's an update!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you got all moved in to your new place!