There will come an answer, let it be
And now, the much awaited answers to your questions
“What do you do for a living? Did you go to school for it? Do you like it? Do you make "enough" money? Etc.....”
My title is Promotions Coordinator which says nothing. I work in the marketing department for a company that manufactures herbicides/pesticides. We also own a company in Pensacola that manufactures animal health products that we sell under two lines, one direct to the consumer and one through your vet. I work mostly on the consumer side of the herbicide (as opposed to the professionals), and on both vet lines. I do media buying, a bunch of copywriting (ads, press release, product descriptions for product guides), I also do some layout and design of promotional materials. Additionally, I do some photography. I took a bunch of the pictures for our newest corporate brochure, and recently took a branch photo that is now featured on the label of one of our new products. I have a degree in Communcation Arts with an emphasis in journalism, so I do have a lot of training on the writing side of my job, but a lot of the rest of it has been learned as I’ve gone. I LOVE the people that I work with. My department is just like a big family (well the whole company is, but especially the department), and I’ve been here for 9 years this August. The company is also an ESOP company and so that has great benefits that come along with it. Do I like my job? Most of the time. Lately I’m liking it more as I’ve taken on more responsibilities. I go through periods where I hate it. But it all evens out in the end, and I’m not sure I foresee going anywhere in the near future. My ESOP account is enough of an incentive to stay. We became an ESOP company in 1991 (before I started working here), and there are people here that have been here since the inception of the ESOP account who have close to $1million in their accounts. I don’t have that much, obviously, but I have a nice chunk of change in there, and the stock value continues to grow each year. Also, I have pretty good job security here, the company has been around for 60 years (in 2008), and for a smallish company we manage to do really well and are true leaders in the marketplace. I don’t make enough money … I mean I could always make more, but I do make a decent living.
More than ya ever wanted to know, huh?
I was asked, when am I going to show pictures of my new house – and the answer to that is, as soon as it’s in some sort of decent order to show pictures!
I was also asked what happened in my marriage to make us spilt. That’s a harder question. Things weren’t good. I was the only one working for at least a year and a half, and that just wasn’t cool. On top of that, he made me feel like I was not a good person because my job was so easy that “even a monkey could do it”, and “they’re just trying to get rid of you”. I’d hear these things on an almost daily basis. How worthless I was, despite the fact that if it wasn’t for me that we’d have no income. The name calling, and the yelling and screaming, combined with the fact that he just didn’t’ want to get a job just got to be too much. I couldn’t do it anymore.
Who do I want to win American Idol based on last night’s performances? I don’t really want either one of them to win. I called a Jordin win a long time ago, although I thought it’d be Jordin and Melinda in the finals …. And while Melinda is a much better singer than Jordin, she’s more marketable. That said, Blake may have a better shot if he doesn’t win .. which didn’t, of course, stop me from voting for him about a half dozen times last night. The boy is hot. Although I like him much better with blonde hair.
And finally. What is my deepest fear? My deepest fear is that I will be a horrible mother, and that C will grow up hating me or even resenting me based on things his father tells him about me. He still tells me what a horrible person I am, and that anyone that has known me for longer than 10 minutes knows what a hateful bitch I really am. So I’m fearful that he’s going to try to turn him against me. I’m also fearful that I’ll wind up alone.
2 comments:
I love Q&A posts!
Thanks for sharing!
--Ang, asmalltowngirl.com
Kristen I am so sorry you had such an ass for a husband. People like that are deep rooted in their OWN self hatred and have to project it on to others to feel good about themselves.
Hugs.
Post a Comment