Monday, September 17, 2007

She looks uptown, but she ain't really. She's into football, she likes my chili.

It's no secret, I love football. Especially my beloved Chiefs. I love the Chiefs. I didn't grow up watching football, in fact I never really cared for it until I got to college, then there was nothing really to do on Sunday afternoons except watch football, so I got into it. My best friend's boyfriend was really patient with me and would answer questions I had about the game and the rules, and I must say for a girl, I am pretty well versed in football, and I love my Chiefs. Of course about the time i got interested in football was a good time to be a Chiefs fan, they were winning a lot. Of course not the important games, aka the playoffs, but they had some pretty good years in there, and then it kind of started sliding ... little or no playoff appareces in a long time .. save for last year when the happened to seriously luck into the playoff and then totally embarrassed themselves against the eventual super bowl champion Indianapolis Colts. Point of all this rambling is that I am a Chiefs fan. And I am a true fan. I love my team whether they are winning (which isn't much these days) or not winning ... and it breaks my heart that we're 0-2 .. of course last year we were also 0-2 at this point in the season, and the game yesterday did have some positives ... but it seemed like everytime we'd get a break, everytime our defense would make a big play, we'd shoot ourselves in the foot with horrible play calling, horrible execution, or stupid penalities. But win or not, I am a Chiefs fan. I have a feeling this is going to be a long season ... despite the positives, like Dwayne Bowe ... gotta love him, at least he'll be something exciting to watch, and hopefully Larry Johnson will get angry. He runs better when he's angry. . . and maybe, just maybe, they'll be some bright spots in what, at least right now, appears to be a dismal season.

No comments: