Fool you once, you are forgiven. Fool you twice, you're just a fool
I’m a day late and a dollar short … but that’s the story of my life. So yesterday was April Fools Day … despite the fact that we have fun joking around with people at work – i.e. wrapping everything in someone’s office, hiding someone’s phone in the ceiling and then calling it .. I’m not much of a prankster when it comes to April Fools Day. In fact, I can think of only two pranks (one played yesterday) that were really good.
The first was when I was in high school. Me and some of my friends were at the mall, and were to call my mom when we were ready to be picked up. So I called her and told her that we were ready and she said ok and I said only problem is that we’re not at the mall … we’re at the police station because we’d gotten picked up for shoplifting. She probably screamed at me, and when I said April Fools … she was less than thrilled. Fast forward about 20 years to yesterday.
I e-mailed one of my friends and told her that I was pregnant. That I didn’t know what I was going to do. That the guy that I was dating was going to freak out as I hadn’t told him yet – that my ex-husband was also going to freak because he’s told me over and over (because he’s STUPID) that if I wind up pregnant he’s going to get Clayton yanked away from me (which wouldn’t happen, he’s just stupid) … so she wrote me back and said stuff like oh are you ok, what are you going to do, how are you feeling … yadda, yadda, yadda … so I told her that I didn’t know what I was going to and told her the only feeling I had was that of I GOT YOU! Yeah, totally fell for it. I figured better her than the guy whose baby it would have been … he wouldn’t have seen the humor it in at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment