Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh, I, oh, I'm still alive

Yeah, I’m alive. Not much going on, but I am alive. I think the fall weather has finally arrived, they’re talking lows in the 30’s and highs in the 50’s. I broke down and turned the heat on this morning. It was 50 in my house. I have it set at like 67° … so it should be nice and warm by the time I get home.

I’m so ready for the election to be over. I’m tired of all the bickering and the he said she said crap. I am also find it intriguing and maybe a little bit disturbing that there are people who still haven’t made up their mind who to vote for. Then again it scares me that people will vote for John McCain because of Palin being a woman. That, to me is ridiculous, especially since I’ve heard of former Hillary supporters who will now vote for the Mc/Cain-Palin ticket due to her being a woman. I don’t know that these un-informed people realize that Palin and Hillary are so drastically far apart when it comes to issues. And seriously, shouldn’t we be basing our vote on ISSUES and not gender? I’m going to get off my soap box now. And as much as I want to say that those mis-informed people don’t even deserve to vote, voting is crucially important – now more than ever – so please, do your civic duty as an American citizen and vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I couldn't agree more! I have heard reasons for NOT voting Obama

He is arab
He is black (also he is just as white if that REALLY matters)
He supports abortion (oh yeah, well I believe in freedom of choice but hey McCain is the one that is going to FUND it!)
He thinks gay people should have rights (go back under your rock freak!)

What gets me is for someone like me, an atheist and pretty damn liberal, everything that McCain and Palin stand for means NOTHING to me, it might as well be Grimms Fairy Tales. No Bible so no rules on running people's lives!
I still am reeling that two of our poorest states have chosen McCain..HAVE THEY BEEN LISTENING?|

OK off my soapbox, damn that felt good! :)