Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Skid Row

Skid Row

Remember this band? I sure do. Youth Gone Wild, 18 and Life, I RememberYou. Songs of my youth. I saw Skid Row open for Bon Jovi on their New Jersey tour. I’d seen Bon Jovi on their Slippery When Wet tour and been a fan for a long time. Slippery When Wet was one of the first albums (actually tapes) I remember buying myself in the 8th grade at the music store that no longer exists at Crown Center. I bought it with birthday money. I was (and still am) so in love with Jon Bon Jovi. Man …. Anyhow, when I was a sophomore in High School (many, many moons ago), my friend Jean Jackson (who was a year yonger than I was) asked me pretty much at the last minute if I wanted to go to the concert with her … ummm, yeah, she didn’t have to ask me twice! We went with her younger sister and her dad, who made us sit down the whole time … umm, yeah, we’re at a rock concert and you want us to sit down? Dutifly we did as we were told though. Hey, I was there as a guest, since I didn’t have to pay for the ticket. Either which way it was a great concert and Skid Row opened, and they rocked. Sebastian Bach was just too cool. he has a reoccurring role on one of my favorite shows, Gilmore Girls. Playing … a member of a band. He, like most other “washed up” rock stars, has put on some weight, but it’s still nice to see him around. Skid Row has a new singer now, but I guess what brought all of this on is that we have a relatively new radio station in town, Max FM. I remember you & 18 and life were on the radio when I got out of work the past two days – don’t remember which was on which day, but that doesn’t matter. They also play A LOT of Bon Jovi which makes me a happy camper! That coupled with the fact that they have Mancow on in the morning and it’s my new favorite radio station!

No comments: