Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If you're out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold -- All you have to do is just call my name and I'll be there on the next train


And so tonight, we come to the end of an era. It's the series finale of Gilmore Girls. For seven years I've learned to love every character on this (mostly) brilliantly written show. The zany townies: Kirk, Babbette, Ms. Patty, Taylor, Lane, Mrs. Kim ... the Girls themselves, Loreli and Rory. I've watched them grow up. Together. And even though it's suffered some recently, it's still going to be a sad, sad nite in TV -land. And I'm sure I'll cry. I admit that I teared up watching the previews for this episode last week, and I also admit that I cried last week during Rory's Graduation. Thanks to the series being on DVD, the Girls and Stars Hollow will live on forever, but tonight will be a bit bittersweet for me, as we bid the girls goodbye. . . and yes, I have a feeling a few tears will be shed.

No comments: