Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Music is reflection of self

It’s funny how songs make you think of certain times in our lives. I’m listening to my ipod, as I normally do in the afternoons, and “Everything You Want” by Vertical Horizon came on … when that song was new and on the radio all the time I was kind of going out with a guy who was great … really was, and so good to me and probably for me, but I just had no interest in dating him .. and so now forever when I hear that song and the lyrics … “he’s everything you want, he’s everything you need, he’s everything inside of you that you wish you could be …. But he means nothing to you and you don’t know why” … songs are really powerful that way. And as I’m typing this the next song is Mary Chapin Carpenter “He thinks he’ll keep her” … reminds me of when my best friend got her little blue car. Her green car had blown up and her mom bought her this little blue Honda … with a sun roof. Cute, cute car. My mom and dad drove us half way between Kansas City and Chicago where we met her parents with the car, and then she and I drove back to Kansas City, and listened to the album that has this song on it over and over on our way back to KC … fun, fun times. I love, love, love how music can make you think of specific times.

1 comment:

nadine jenine said...

i love that vertical horizon song!